Seth’s blog:How to get traffic for your blog
Wow, the list is good. 56 of them but I’m picking some for here.
1. Use lists.
2. Be topical… write posts that need to be read right now.
3. Learn enough to become the expert in your field.
5. Be timeless… write posts that will be readable in a year.
6. Be among the first with a great blog on your topic, then encourage others to blog on the same topic.
7. Share your expertise generously so people recognize it and depend on you.
9. Write short, pithy posts.
19. Do email interviews with the well-known.
24. Post your photos on flickr.
28. Assume that every day is the beginning, because you always have new readers.
37. Keep tweaking your template to make it include every conceivable bell or whistle.
38. Write about blogging.
39. Digest the good ideas of other people, all day, every day.
40. Invent a whole new kind of art or interaction.
45. Dress your blog (fonts and design) as well as you would dress yourself for a meeting with a stranger.
46. Edit yourself. Ruthlessly.
48. Be patient.
49. Give credit to those that inspired, it makes your writing more useful.
51. Write about only one thing, in ever-deepening detail, so you become definitive.
56. Write stuff that people want to read and share.