This link just won the best essay about the blog or web log. Highly recommeded for anyone who regularly blogs or want to make their website better.
Here’s some of the excerpts and my comments to that:
1. write every day.
2. if you think you’re a good writer, write twice a day.
True, this will keep your weblog interesting and someone will know that you’re gonna have a new entry into your blog and that keeps drawing your visitors. It also means you’re constantly thinking and contributing your thoughts.
4. cuss like a sailor.
Hmm, can see why as it keeps your weblog humorus and not to be taken too seriously and reveal your true emotions too.
12. link like crazy. link anyone who links you, link your favorites, link your friends. dont be a prude. linking is what seperates bloggers from apes. and especially link if you’re trying to prove a point and someone else said it first. it lends credibility even if youre full of shit.
Makes sense, it encourages making connections, :-)
14. remember: nobody cares which N*Sync member you are, what State you are, which Party of Five kid you are, or which Weezer song you are. the second you put one of those things on your blog you need to delete your blog and try out for the marching band. similarilly, nobody gives a shit what the weather is like in your town, nobody wants you to change their cursor into a butterfly, nobody wants to vote on whether your blog is hot or not, and nobody gives a rat ass what song youre listening to. write something Real for you, about you, every day.
In other words, be yourself and don’t be such a fake-ass.
17. people like pictures. use them. save them to your own server. or use Blogger’s free service. if you dont know how to do it, learn. also get a Buzznet account. several things will happen once you start blogging, one of them is you will learn new things. thats a good thing.
My bad. I gotta put up more pictures here; I even have a brand-new Sony camera. :-(
21. write open letters. make lists. call people out on their bullshit. lead by example. invent and reinvent yourself. start by writing about what happened to you today. for example today i told a hot girl how wonderfully hot she is.
Be honest and don’t hold back.
22. when in doubt review something. theres not enough reviews on blogs. review a movie you just saw, a tv show, a cd, a kiss you just got, a restaurant, a hike you just took, anything.
Ok, will do more reviews from now on then.
29. dont apologize about not blogging. nobody cares. just start blogging again.
30. read tons of blogs and leave nice comments.
I’ve heard of that blog so many times. Will do my best to read blogs as many as I can and leave comments often. :-)
Hope you’ll do the same. Peace out.