I’ve been tagged by sweet kimmisan.
TEN YEARS AGO I…
entered my freshman year at Illinois School for the Deaf. Played quarterback on the junior varsity team ‘cuz I was one of the few players who could memorize the plays and if needed, explain what we’re supposed to do to a bunch of players who couldn’t understand plays like strong sweep right 345 is. Our record was like 2 – 7. My life was much simpler back then. It was like getting up at 7 am, walk to the cafeteria to eat breakfast (yay we didn’t have to walk in groups cuz we’re in high school now), get back to the dorm, grab my backpack, then walk to the school and wait for the lighting bells to flash. Then, football practice at 3:15 pm, walk to the cafeteria for dinner, return to the dorm, mandatory rule to stay in our rooms for one hour as studying hour (most boys jacked off on playboy magazines anyway), teen center at 7 pm where boys and girls hang out (they make a short getaway plan to get behind some bushes away from resident advisors’ not-so-prying eyes). Lights out at 10 pm. Imagine it’s like a college campus but with more supervision and curfews.
FIVE YEARS AGO I…
transferred from Gallaudet University to Rochester Institute of Technology to purse a degree in information science. Joined a fraternity named Kappa Phi Theta, the only local fraternity on the RIT campus, which ironically was the reason why it got unfounded about a year ago. But thanks to this fraternity, I love drinking beers.
ONE YEAR AGO I…
got a permanent job working as a I.T. specialist under the NASS at the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. My first professional career experience. But in two weeks, I will be working for Google.
ran for 2 miles, did push-ups, sit-ups on a swiss ball, and lifted dumbbells. Then, played poker at someone’s place where the host’s girlfriend’s father was in town and he was curious how it was like playing with deaf players. I failed to finish in top three. Craps.
FIVE SNACKS I ENJOY…
2) Beef Jerky
3) Korean Salted seaweeds
4) Fruits – bananas, apples, and oranges
5) Ice cream
FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO… (I can’t really hear every word but can understand phrases or chorus lines)
1) “I’m Real” by Jennifer Lopez and Ja Rule
2) “Get Low” by Lil’ Jon and the Eastside Boyz
3) “I’ll be missing you” by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
4) Can’t remember other songs
5) ” ”
FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH A 100 MILLION DOLLARS:
1) Travel the world as much as I can.
2) Then, settle down somewhere (California would be nice) and buy a house for me and one for my parents. I’d like to stay close to my parents who are deaf and I’m also an only child.
3) Bring my biological family–mother, brother, and sister–from Korea to America and help them get started—jobs, house, whatever they need. Father passed away one week later after I visited them for the first time since I was adopted.
4) Buy a sweet-ass convertible car, become a country club member so I can play golf everyday.
5) Invest the money, make some donations, pass on to families/friends.
FIVE BAD HABITS:
1) Make too much assumptions
2) Being lazy or procrastinating
3) Eat damn too fast (my friends think I should join speed-eating contests
4) Take naps, then stay up all night, and end up sleeping late
5) Getting restless easily
FIVE FAVORITE TOYS:
1) my computer
2) my 2004 honda civic si
3) my sidekick II
4) my digital tempstat
5) my pen – I can spin my pen around my thumb
FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR:
1) leather pants
2) those thick colorful knit sweaters
3) turtleneck sweaters
5) really baggy black jeans with a chain to look gothic
FIVE PEOPLE I TAG: